Singletrack routes around Truckee & Lake Tahoe
Tracks & waypoints for camping or motel tours
Routes & itineraries vetted by locals
Member Forum for questions & updates
What’s Included in Your 2021 Guide Pack
- Well-researched route that balances beauty, road conditions, elevation gain, and resupply options
- Recommended, daily itineraries for an epic, bikepacking adventure
- Member Forum where you can get the latest route updates and post questions
- Access to routes and waypoints on RideWithGPS.com – navigate with your phone or download GPX files to your GPS device
- Resupply chart and route profiles with notes – know how much food & water to carry
- Options to customize based on the water, resupply, camping, and motel data included in your Guide Pack
- Access to updates and new route options added to a Guide Pack during the year
Note: All Guide Packs expire at the end of each calendar year (i.e., access to 2021 Guide Packs ends on Dec 31, 2021)
Bones to Blue – 4 Days | Camping
Get access for $34.99
This is the premier bikepacking route around Truckee and Lake Tahoe. It consists of two loops: The Bones loop (northern) and the Blue loop (southern). They weave together the majority of the best singletrack trails the region has to offer like the Tahoe Rime Trail, Flume Trail, and Donner Lake Rim Trail (just to name few).
The route nicely balances long stretches of epic trails with stops in small towns to refill your belly and bottles. You’ll have amazing views from numerous ridgeline trails and looking out across Lake Tahoe never gets old.
The 4-day itinerary in the Guide Pack is only a suggestion. The route is full of singletrack trails and lots of elevation again. Riding 60-70 miles/day requires a good level of fitness and at least intermediate bike handling skills. Early starts each morning are ideal, so you can enjoy the scenery along the way.
Many people tour the route in 5 to 7 days. Your Guide Pack will provide all the information you need to tailor your trip. There are plenty of camping and motel options along the route.
Two alternative tracks are included for shortening the Bones Loop.
**If you are participating in the Bones to Blue bikepacking event (Aug 21, 2021), you are not required to purchase this Guide Pack. A free, basic version of the route is provided to participants. The Guide Pack is ideal for people touring the route or event participants who want to save time researching the route.
Total Miles = 247, Total Ascent = 30,00 feet
- 75% singletrack
- 15% gravel
- 10% pavement
Three recommended itineraries
- Full Bones to Blue route in 4 days, 3 nights
- Day 1: 62 miles | 6,400 ft
- Day 2: 56 miles | 7,300 ft
- Day 3: 70 miles | 9,900 ft
- Day 4: 65 miles | 8,000 ft
Just the Bones Loop in 2 days, 1 night (good weekend overnighter)
- Day 1: 31 miles | 4,200 ft
- Day 2: 31 miles | 2,300 ft
Just the Blue Loop – 3 days, 2 nights
- Day 1: 56 miles | 7,300 ft
- Day 2: 70 miles | 9,900 ft
- Day 3: 65 miles | 8,000 ft